Have you ever heard about Hugin? It’s a free and open source imaging software for photos stitching: it enables you to create panorama views with few clicks. Not only panorama views, but also stereographic projections from some shots.. what are stereographic projections? Well … have ever you see those strange images where a place is rendered as a little world? I can’t explain exactly what they are, but you can see what I mean on this Flickr gallery about Hugin.
Well, this post isn’t for describing what Hugin is and does (if you want more info and details please consult Hugin website), but for my new way of spreading the Hugin word: a new windows installer for Hugin 🙂
Some technical details about the installer:
- Hugin 2010.1.0 based installer (different build version for 32bit and 64bit)
- Customizable Control Point generators download: Autopano v1.03, Panomatic 0.9.4, Match-n-shift and Autopano-sift-C (internet connection required for download)
- Build on Nullsoft NSIS install framework version 2.48
- Customizable shortcut creation (StartMenu and Desktop)
- Full Uninstall system: files and windows registry cleaning (also in Windows Control Panel)
- High compression level using 7zip
- Multi-Language ready (English, German, Italian 80%)
The installer script source code can be downloaded from BitBucket at https://bitbucket.org/thePanz/huginsetup. You can also try the installers for 32 and 64bit builds of Hugin:
- HuginSetup_2010.1.0-svn5161_x32.exe. (32bit, from Lemur builds)
- HuginSetup_2010.1.0-hg4024_x64.exe (64bit, from Tom builds)
- Add HuginProject association to .pto filet-ypes
- Add Documentation link in Start Menu Hugin subfolder
- Add more translations (help needed)
Further enhancements have been added into HuginSetup, please refer to the Hugin category in this blog for updates.
- 0.2.6 (2010-09-06)
+ Refactored Control Point Generators scripts (moved into own folder)
+ Splitted 32/64bit installers
+ Added CP align_image_stack.exe
Read the full CHANGELOG on BitBucket.
Comments, ideas and issues are welcome! 🙂